Domestic Relations Advocacy

Domestic relations law encompasses all matters having to do with marriage, divorce, child custody, child support, and other issues relating to family relationships. 
If you are involved in a domestic relations matter, you need an attorney who will listen to you and provide you with the information you need.  Your attorney should work with you to help you achieve your goals in the most effective manner.  Your attorney should help you to identify and consider your needs and goals, and discuss how to achieve the outcome you desire.  Your attorney should not pressure you to hire them or file a lawsuit unless you wish to do so.  Your first meeting with me will be a consultation.  I will listen to your questions and issues and provide information and suggest options for you.  We will discuss your goals and your budget.  If you wish to hire me, and I agree to take your case, you and I will together decide on a course of action that best meets your needs.  If children are involved, we will discuss important issues relating to the children to ensure their interests and needs are protected. 
One of the worst mistakes anyone can make with regard to their domestic matter is to fail to get information when it is needed.  People tend to be extremely hesitant to consult with a lawyer about a domestic relations matter.  It may feel like a betrayal of your spouse.  It may feel like a step toward breaking up your family.  In fact, meeting with a lawyer is the only way to ensure you have the information you need in order to make decisions that are in your best interests and your children's best interests whether you ultimately decide to initiate a legal proceeding.  If you are involved in a domestic matter or expect you will be in the future, you should become informed as to your legal rights sooner rather than later.  Doing so will allow you to avoid mistakes that could have negative consequences for you or your children in the future.

Call Elizabeth Yarbrough Family Law & Mediation to schedule a consultation.
(901) 264-9680